15 Days To Freedom Blog Challenge

15 Days To Freedom Blog Challenge - Day 9 - The Two Tier Bee Themed Birthday Cake

03:22



Today I thought I would share this pretty two bee themed cake I made for a 65th birthday.

The client contacted the Vanilla Pod Bakery via email and told me the recipients likes and dislikes, how many people they wanted the cake to feed and what flavour they wanted. From there I designed a few sketches and the client chose his favourite.

From start to finish this cake took 3 weeks to organise, design and create. Normally, I like a bit more time but I had a rare free space so happily took on the order.


The client decided to go for option 2. A two tier cake to feed 30 party portions (1"x2"x4"). The flavours chosen were dairy-free-and-gluten-free chocolate sponge for the bottom and dairy-free-and-gluten-free lemon sponge for the top.






It was quite tricky working with the dairy free buttercream to crumb coat the cake and then cover with sugarpaste icing, as normally I use a chocolate ganache to crumb coat. But overall I was very happy with the cake and the client was too.



 As usual please feel free to leave comments and questions below :)

Best wishes,

Pia x

 The vanilla pod bakery



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook