Supplier Spotlight

Monika Vrublova

04:00

On the blog today is the lovely Monika Vrublova, a fantastic Make-up & Hair Stylist and a Photo Shoot Director.


Describe your business in five words?       
Bespoke Hair-styling and Make-up

When and why did you start your business?         
Three years ago. I studied hair and makeup/beauty for 7 years in the Czech Republic and always knew that’s what I wanted and was going to do.



What do you love most about the work you do?   
Making people not only Look Gorgeous but Feel Great too. As we all feel better when we look better. :)
But mainly I love being creative and so creating that perfect  look for brides on their wedding day, which has to include Hairstyling & Makeup, is something that I cannot explain how I feel when I can be part of such a special day of their life and work my little magic on them. :)
I also love meeting new interesting people and in the fashion industry where I get involved in photo shoots there are lots of creative & smart people, that I love learning from and getting inspired by.


If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else than here in Cheltenham in the UK :-)
I have been in the UK for 8 years and as it hasn’t been an easy journey, now I finally feel that this town is part of my life and belong here. The people I’ve met here and am meeting are incredibly kind and nice.
BUT! Never say never, so if my destiny is to be elsewhere then I will be.
At the moment I am exactly where I am suppose to be.

But I have my dreams. :) And so I would like to start travelling and perhaps buy a property in Spain and go there whenever I would want for a short break or a long holiday. So I’d say to have a second home somewhere sunny.



Besides weddings, what else do you love?
I love planning and organising photo shoots or events where I can bring a team of great people together and work on creating something amazing in a day or two with them. Part of it is to see those people being happy on the day and enjoying what they got involved in.
I must admit that I am a perfectionist and this does show in my work and attitude during work. However once the work is done it is time for some fun. :) 



Do you have any funny wedding stories or moments to tell?
Not a funny story from any of my weddings as I can only think of those funny videos I’ve seen on Facebook.
However what I would mention is the difference between us stylists who watch those videos where the bride slips into a pool or a lake and most people would be laughing loud but our reaction is:
“Oh my! All that hard work in those hours making her looking so gorgeous is gone within seconds.” And the worst part is that there is probably no one to fix it….  



How can brides and grooms find you?
Mainly online (social media is a very powerful tool for advertising these days, and it is a definite MUST DO in any business!)
Or they could hear about me from their friends who I had the pleasure of being involved in hair/makeup styling for their wedding.
There is no better way of advertising than a word of mouth from satisfied clients!


And finally, what is your ‘one’ top tip you can give to a bride and groom?
Your wedding day is a very important day of your life however sometimes the whole planning process can be very hard and stressful.
Make sure that you have the right suppliers helping you to make that special day the best day of your life and that you two don’t forget to enjoy those special moments spent with your family and friends.



It was great to meet you, Monika.

Best wishes,

Pia x




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook